“Aim at nothing and you’ll hit it every time.” Zig Ziglar
I am passionate about setting and achieving goals, both big and small. Having a direction and a purpose, being able to measure progress, and of course putting that glorious check mark in the little box on my to do list are all extremely motivating for me.
I’ll be talking more about goal setting and what my process looks like just a little further down the road, but for now, I’d like to launch a monthly series where I’ll be sharing my progress on last month’s goals and setting goals for the month ahead. Not only is this good accountability for me, but since I have always been inspired by reading about the goals and progress of others, I hope that this will also encourage you to set a goal for this month!
Since this is the first post in this series, we’ll skip right to the goals for the coming month.
– Complete current study on the book of Esther through First 5 App
– Complete 2 segments of the Romans study with Mr. Planned
– Develop prayer binder and implement at least one section daily
– Work on back-to-school routine, esp. bedtime for Ms. Spontaneity
– Enjoy our upcoming family outing
– Implement new lunch prep routine
– Plan and enjoy one date night for August
– Read 2 books
– Complete waist trainer challenge
– Drink at least 4 cups of water each day
– Complete 1 chore for each cleaning zone
– Complete Kitchen projects: build and install drawer, build and install at least one cabinet door, finish painting cabinets and trim
– Limit eating out to no more than two times this month
– Stay within budget on all general categories
I admit this is an ambitious list, and it is improbable I will be able to completely cross off every item, but I know I will get so much farther with a goal written out than if I just wander through the month and hope I wake up motivated to do something one day.
Be sure to stop by at the beginning of September for a progress update!
What are your goals for the month of August?